The Island Journal – 2012 in review
Thanks to all the 68,000 visitors who made visited throughout 2012. It is because of your continued visits and interest why we continue to produce material that surrounds the Jamaican culture, lifestyle, health, sports, wedding, advice, politics etc.
Jamaica is a rich cultural mecca, which has captivated the mind and eye of many in the global atmosphere. In terms of sports, Usain Bolt as replicated the formula which was originally used by Bob Marley.
In 2012, The Island Journal readers were enthralled mostly, with the sports articles about Jamaica and 2012 Olympics; food recipes and of course relationship advice.
Most visitors came from The United States. Jamaica & The United Kingdom were not far behind.
- Thanks to our USA visitors are you were certainly our best. We had visitors from 179 countries in all!
The Island Journal - Attractions in 2012
These are the posts that got the most views in 2012. You can see all of the year’s most-viewed posts in your Site Stats.
- 1 Jamaican Wedding: Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce - August 2012
- 2 Jamaican Food / Cuisine: Lick yuh lips and ten finga dem - June 2012
- 3 Carl Lewis: ‘Who cares I failed drug test?’ - August 2012
- 4 Jamaican Dumpling Recipe: All things Dumplings, Fried Dumpling and Boiled Dumplings - July 2012
- 5 Carl Lewis a drug cheat? Documents suggest cover-up - August 2012
- In 2012, there were 255 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 286 posts.
- The busiest day of the year was August 10th with 2,443 views.
Here’s an excerpt:
19,000 people fit into the new Barclays Center to see Jay-Z perform. This blog was viewed about 68,000 times in 2012. If it were a concert at the Barclays Center, it would take about 4 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Thank you for visiting and reading The Island Journal - 2012 in review
See you in 2013!!
- A night of Rhapsody, Poetry and Wine at Thiiahs (theislandjournal.wordpress.com)
- A Jamaican wedding getaway (theislandjournalweddingedition.wordpress.com)
- The greatest show on earth (theislandjournal.wordpress.com)
- Bob Marley: The Shooting of a Wailer by Cameron Crowe, January 13, 1977 (theislandjournal.wordpress.com)